Friday, March 30, 2012

I'm Home Doing well~God Bless & Thank You all for your Prayers!

Hello Everyone... First let me say Thank you Felicia for keeping every one updated on my surgery. Thanks to my Good Friend Connie for taking me to the hospital and staying all day with me & keeping you all updated via Felicia. Hugs to you both!
It was a long day yesterday..up at 5:30 connie picked me up at 6:30 and we managed to drive in rush hour traffic and then in what I would call Ohio State University Hospitals Construction zone to try & find a parking took 30 minutes & finally one right beside the elevator door.. Check in and they whisk me away to pre-op..Sweetest people I've ever met in a hospital pre-op area.. it was kinda cool because they assign you one nurse to see you threw till she takes you tot he room after surgery & recovery. I met the antiseologist ..he was great too..He decided that I was somewhat dehydrated so he wanted to pump fluids in me & he wanted me to have a breathing treatment because he said my lungs sounded dry and rattelly. So that put me behind on my surgery time.. finally made it surgery around 11 something....that's the last thing I remember till I woke up in recovery.. LOL..the usual me, I ask for something to drink and eat as soon as I was awake.. ugggg...the gave me a sip of water & said I had to wait to make sure I didn't get sick.. I told my nurse look if you give me food & drink I won't get sick wait & I will... so she finally gave me hot tea & crackers.. I was fine... I've had enough surgery's to know exactly what I need.
Once I ate my crackers I was feeling pretty good so my nurse took me to my room..
I just wanted to be left alone for a while but they swarm you with Nurses & staff doctors getting all the important info, vitals and settleing you in .. I have to say all my nurses but maybe one were wonderful, sweet kind and so helpful. Once I was settled in they ask me if I wanted anything to eat....Yea food & drink all I wanted.. So I ordered as much Ice Cream as they would give me cause it felt so good on my dry sore throat plus it helped the swelling inside my throat.. plus I had a lunch try..not the greatest at all but food...
I am so blessed that I come out of surgeries so well. I wake up easily, have never gotten sick or had an upset tummy, I'm alert within an hour or so and seldom need pain meds. Thank God... I can get up get moving so my body doesn't stove up and get achey.
The girl in my room did not fair as well and she had the same surgery as I did & the same doctor. She begged for pain meds but my actual surgery area didn't have any pain at all... My throat hurt and the muscles in my neck but nothing worth taking any pain meds. the worst problem I had was they changed my IV line during surgery to my upper arm & the tape they used caused a skin rash that itched and stung like crazy. I finally insisted they take it out once they stopped the IV drip in my room.. I still have a nasty rash on my arm.

Connie and I took a walk...... then we got permission to put me in a wheelchair and actually go outside for half an hour.. that did me wonders to get out of that room. Once we got back it was dinner time so I had dinner that again wasn't very good so I got more ice Cream to sooth the throat.. Connie and I walked several more rounds. Around 7 Connie decided to take her chances on getting home... Not a freeway driver so she was a bit nervous... When she got down to her car she discovered that she had left the dome light on & her battery was she had to call her hubby to come from home to jump her.. I felt so bad for her she was already nervous about the drive home alone..then have call Hubby to the rescue...

I didn't sleep well at all the bed was so hard on my bad back so I was praying they let me out of there as soon as possible come morning. The night nurse hung out in my room and talked to me when she wasn't on rounds so she told the morning nurse to get ahold of Dr. Phay to le thim know I didn't sleep & could he get me released as soon as possible.
They have to take a calcium level test before you can be released and give you your first dose of Thyroid hormone pills before you can leave but they came around 6 to take my blood & give me my I was well on my way to getting out way before noon.. yea!!
I did some more walking around, went tot he Pharmacy to pick up my new daily pills, got dressed and was waiting when the Dr came in to talk to me..
He complimented me on my ability to get up and moving to work off all the antisetic & fluids, he said, my surgery went like cake work & it only took him an hour compared to the usual 2 hours, he said that he didn't feel that there was any cancer in the nodules but of course we would have to wait in the test to be absolutely sure... he explained my meds, & risk if I didn't take them and then he said you can go home now and get some sleep... Happy Dance time...!!!! Connie showed up shortly after the Dr left so the nurses started processing me and I was soon on my way out the door.. It was done and over follow up visit is the 5th of April...I will know for sure that there is no cancer.. 
Connie and I came home, unloaded my things & I went in the house to let Peg & Jim know I was home less one Thyroid and safe.. then we went back to my Trailer where we sat down to talk for a few minutes but guess what I fell asleep talking to Connie so she took her leave... 
I slept like a baby..till Hailey came out to tel me she fixed me Chicken & rice and it was time to come and eat... What a little darling Hailey is... the chicken and rice was perfect... and tasted like real food thank god!
Peggy took me to pick up Puddles...when we got back I crashed again... 

When I woke up I felt good enough to come say Thanks for all your prayers they worked..
I beleive that all your prayers made my surgery go well, bringing me home with only minor pain at least so far..Mostly the muscles in my chest and neck, swallowing is difficult due to the sore throat from the tubes.
It does hurt to cough, sneeze and laugh....
Now it is just a matter of getting my meds regulated and healing...

 Al the red is from a reaction to the tape they used..

Four years ago I had surgery to remove stones in my saliva Gland and finally removing the gland so I took this picture to compare the scar from that surgery to this new one.
You can see my neck is still swollen not sure how long that will last.

Now for the best news the Doc said I can go work in my shop creating as long as I don't sand, keep the wound covered with a scarf. 
Not sure about going back to cleaning yet but he will know by my visit. 

Again Thank you all so much for your kind words, support, encouragement and prayers..

Time for me to call it a day and gert some more rest....

Hugs & Blessings


  1. I knew you would come through it with flying colors! So glad it went well and our prayers were answered! Now on to the healing and back to creating! Yippee Skippy! I will calm down now and send you some hugs!

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

  2. Oh Tonya,

    I am so glad that everything went well. And when you said Happy Dance, I did. :)

    I am glad that you are feeling ok and that there is little pain.

    I agree that everyone's prayers helped. God IS there. And blesses us all. :)

    Do get some rest the next few days. Be careful not to cough, sneeze or laugh. LOL

    I hope that you have enough ice cream to sooth your throat.

    Prayin' for a speedy and comfortable recovery.

    Take care, Janet W ((((BIG HUGS))))

  3. So very good to hear that things went so well, Tonya! What a little surgery trooper you are! No matter how many I have, that anesthesia knocks me for a loop each and every time....I just want to stay in that cocoon and not wake up.....and for days, I just wanna sleep. Will continue to keep you in my prayers and hope for the big A-OK on your recheck!! Now, slow down and take time to heal!! (Oh - and have LOTS more ice cream!) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

  4. Hi Tonya, so happy to hear your home, doing good and in not that much pain...please still take time to rest and give yourself time to heal over the next few days.....will con't to keep you in my prayers that your recovery keeps going well and for all good news on your recheck.
    I hope your back to feeling better real soon! Big Hugs, Mary

  5. Tonya, I am so glad that everything went smoothly for you. Also it is much more relaxing to be home in your own bed too. I'm glad you have relatives who live close that can check on you and help if you need anything. No fun having to stay in the hospital for any length of time.
    Here's to a speedy recovery.
    Country at heart

  6. So pleased for you, Tonya! You are a wonder and great you didn't need much by way of pain relief.
    Praying for the next checkup to be 100%!
    God bless

  7. Hi Tonya, Glad to hear things are going well and wishing you a peaceful and healing Easter

  8. So glad everything went well! Get tons of rest and heal quickly!


  9. Tonya~ Glad it went well and you are recovering nicely.Warm Blessings!~Amy

  10. Hi Tonya...God bless you in your healing! ♥♥♥

  11. Could this be any better news!
    Thank God you are home, not hurting and will be completely well in no time.
    But do take it easy...sometimes our minds play tricks and you could get a bit wore down.

  12. Love ya girl. Heal fast, but what were you doing up at 12:10 am doing a blog post you should have been sleeping. LOL just teasing you a little.

    Hugs to heal

  13. Hi Tonya,
    so glad to hear that your surgery went well and you are already home. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Take it easy and let others do for you so you can recover sooner.
    hugz and blessings,

  14. I'm so glad everything went so well for you Tonya. Glad to hear your home and you can create again. But do take it easy and don't overdue yourself. Rest is the best medicine!!!
    Take Care
    Prim Blessings

  15. Hi Tonya,
    I was thinking about you the last few days, hoping everything went well. It looks like your on the way to recovery and you will be good as new soon. I pray that you will be healed and not have anymore problems since you had the surgery.
    Take care and don't overdo it!

  16. I am so very glad things went well and you are on the road to recovery. I will continue prayers to keep the healing process going. Please take care of yourself and follow doctors orders. Wishing you the best.

    p.s. I got the eggs and they are gorgeous. Thank you.

  17. Tonya,
    So happy to hear that everything went so well and that you are home. Keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.

  18. Praise the Lord things went well & your home resting. Blessings!


I'm so Blessed that you stopped by & shared your thoughts with me today! Reading your comments always makes me Smile!