Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Special Thank You to all my Prim Sisters

Good Beautiful Sunny Morning my Prim sisters.....
A Girlfriend sent me this morning and as I read it I thought about the past year with all of its seeminly unrelenting ups and down I thought of all of you and the difference each of you made in my life, not only on those Sunny Happy days but those sad days, those feeling sick days, the angery days and those wonderful productive days. Your comments helped me be more creative! They helped me lift my head & keep going when I thought I couldn't take another step, they made me Smile and laugh and Even cry at times. But most of all they gave me a sense of always knowing a sister was there to lean on when the going got tuff, laugh with and share the day with!! You have all become sisters in the very best of terms and for that I am Thankful!!

This expresses just how important sisters are. I'm sure many of you have seent his before but it's one of those pieces that is always a warm reminder how special sisters are so I would like to share it with you once again!!

 A young wife sat on the sofa on a hot humid day drinking Iced Tea and visiting with her mother. As they talked about life, about marriage, about responsibilities and the obligations of adulthood, the mother clinked her ice cubes in her glass thoughtfully and turned a clear eye, sober glance upon her daughter. A young wife sat on a sofa on a hot humid day, drinking iced tea and visiting with her mother.

Don't forget your sisters,' she advised, swirling the tea leaves to the bottom of her glass. They'll
 be more important as you get older. No matter how much you love your husband,
no matter how much you love the children you may have, you are still going to need sisters.
Remember to go places with them now and then; do things with them.
Remember that 'sisters' means ALL the women. your girlfriends, your daughters, and all your other
 women relatives too.
You'll need other women. Women always do.'
 What a funny piece of advice!' the young woman thought. Haven't I just gotten married?
 Haven't I just joined the couple-world? I'm now a married woman, for goodness sake! A grownup!
Surely my husband and the family we may start will be all I need to make my life worthwhile!'
But she listened to her mother. She kept contact with her sisters and made more women friends each
year. As the years tumbled by, one after another,she gradually came to understand that her mother really
knew what she was talking about.
As time and nature work their changes and their mysteries upon a woman, sisters are the mainstays of her life.
After more than 50 years of living in this world, here is what I've learned:
 THIS SAYS IT ALL:
 Time passes.
 Life happens.
 Distance separates.
Children grow up.
Jobs come and go.
Love waxes and wanes.
Men don't do what they're supposed to do.
Hearts break.
Parents die.
Colleagues forget favors.
 Careers end.
 BUT........ Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are
between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach.
When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself,
the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on,
 praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the
 valley's end.
 Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you....Or come in and carry you out.
 Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers,
Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins, and extended family, All bless our life!
The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I.
When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or
 sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other.
Every day, we need each other still.
To all the women who help make my life meaningful.

Thank You and God Bless you for being the sisters of my life!!

Hugs
Tonya

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Tonya! I don't have any siblings so I am honored for the friends/blog-sisters in my life and you are definitely one of them:) Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing and brightening mine ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very touching Tonya - and so very true. Sisters - in the broadest sense of the word - are one of God's greatest blessings....Wishing you a blessing-filled weekend! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Beautiful post,Tonya.
    Hugs
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to ya girlfriend, glad you are home, love reading your blog.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonya, I too am thankful for my blogging sisters since I don't have any siblings either. It has helped me a lot to get to know other bloggers and it keeps me grounded to go through what ever life throws at me. I am thankful for your friendship.
    Tamera
    Country at heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Tonya,
    You are such a sweet sole....I loved your post today.
    Thanks!!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I'm so Blessed that you stopped by & shared your thoughts with me today! Reading your comments always makes me Smile!