Monday, December 6, 2010

Grab a cup of tea, pull up a chair and sit a spell with me, won't you?

My Name is Tonya and I've been designing and creating unique home decor for as long as I can remember. I enjoy crafting, floral arrangements, painting and woodworking and have enjoyed these hobbies all my life. Nothing thrills me more than to take something someone wants to throw away and make it a family treasure that will last for generations to come.

As I said in my profile I'm a country girl, born and raised to use your God given talents and you will find happiness in your heart. I've found many years of happiness creating.

My mother was an extremely creative, crafty woman. She could turn anything into a work of art, from creating all our clothing and toys to designing things to give our home a warm welcome inviting feel. I found that I too was blessed with my mothers creative talents and I found myself following in her footsteps, creating my own designs working both with the new and the old. Thus came the name "My Creations by Tonya" followed by "My Primitive Creations by Tonya.

As a kid I remember I couldn't wait to get my chores and my homework done so I could create something. Many of the beginning thoughts for creations you'll find in my store came from something I'd created for myself or my family. Such as Holiday decor, Wall and door decor and now Primitive gatherings.

I think my favorite is creating all my christmas gifts and creating things for friends and family to enjoy. There is nothing more heart warming than when someone says "That is so beautiful! Can you create one for me?" and then watching them open there special creation as a gift.

About 10 years ago I branched out beyond family and friends, and started creating and selling My Creations to the public through craft shows, local home decor specialty shops and eBay.

Today, I design and create a variety of unique creations for my customer homes and offices. But my true creating love right now is Primitive Inspired Decor.

How did I get started creating prim decor you ask?

Let me tell you the tale.

A few years ago now, my daughter Carmen decided to redecorate her home in a Primitive country theme. She was purchasing items at Antique Malls, Auctions and Flea Markets and turning the items into the most beautiful home decor accessories you have ever laid eyes on. (Fortunately for my daughter, she got my crafting genes just as I got my mothers. LOL!)

She started sharing all her new creations with me and I caught her primitive bug. She taught me how to distress and prim, and I taught her how to stain and grubby. We were a great team! Before we knew it we had her whole house decorated beautifully and I was hooked! There was no stopping me!

So I decided to share my primitive creations with everyone through eBay.

Today, my ebay store is a wonderful little primitive nook filled with a plethora of primitive goodies. From keeping shelves, Gatherings, Early Lighting and Yummy Hand Dipped spice rolled candles to ornies, bowl fillers and ragballs.

You will find everything you need to decorate your Primitive, Colonial, Farmhouse or County farmhouse home in my store.

So enjoy your tea and go take a strole threw my store.
 Who knows maybe you will find something you just have to have. And don't forget to add me to your favorite sellers and sign up for my newsletters so you don't miss out on my newest creations!

~ Many prim blessings from my home to yours. ~
Tonya

18 comments:

  1. Hi Tonya,
    Welcome to blog world!!
    It is so nice to meet you.
    I just made a blog post to help get the word out about your new prim blog.

    Take Care,
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tonya,
    Welcome! It is nice to mee you. I hope you will stop by my blog and get to know me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging, Tonya! Stop by
    my blog, when you get a chance.

    Bear Hugs~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Tonya,
    Nice to meet you. I am new to blogging also (6 months) I love it and I am hooked. All the prim gals are terrific. I will check out your Ebay goodies. Come visit my blog.
    Prim Blessings,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Tonya and It's nice to meet you. Found you through A Primitive Place. I'm new to blogging also it will get easier as you go. When you get a chance stop over to my blog.
    Prim Blessings! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to Blogland Tonya. You will love it here. I'm really loving all the things you have talked about in this post. I'm very anxious to get over to your ebay shop to see if there is anything I might need. I look forward to reading about your new creations and any primitive decorating tips you may have for us. Good luck.
    Merry Christmas and God Bless,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well Hello Tonya and Welcome to Blogland - We girls like to stick together here and we help each other out too! I can't wait to explore your Ebay shop...maybe I will find something I 'need' lol. Good luck on your blog and we all look forward to getting to know you better.
    Merry Christmas and may our Lord pour his blessings down upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tonya I just realized something. You are Carmens mother aren't you? She is a wonderful young lady. I enjoy her blog so much!
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tonya,

    I heard about your blog on Tammy's A Primitive Place blog. Right off I can see we have three things in common: we share the same name (and spelling), a love for prims and we're both in Ohio. Good luck with your blogging adventure. It's a lot of fun. I also have a blog so stop by when you can.

    Have a great day!
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tonya,
    I also heard about your blog from Tammy. We aren't too far from each other. I'm right next door in Pennsylvania. Hope you enjoy all your new friends you will meet through blogging! Have a wonderful Holiday Season! I also have a blog if you would like to hop on over to mine too!
    Donna, Willow Creek Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good afternoon and welcome! Stop by my blog and visit sometime.
    Blessings,
    Kimberly, Country at Heart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tonya~

    Welcome to the world of blogging! You will love it and meet so many wonderful people too! Stop by my blog if you get a chance. I hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tonya! It's nice to see another prim blogger in blogland! Welcome!!

    Blessings, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Tonya~

    Welcome to the world of Blog. I'm new too, 5 months or so. I don't have a blog of my own, but I sure do enjoy visiting others.

    I've viewed your listings on EBAY. Wonderful offerings you have. YEP, just like your mother, very creative.

    Look foward to chatting witcha more.

    Very Best,
    Marlene :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tonya, Welcome to the fun world of blogging. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do...........TALLULAH'S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tonya, I read about your blog on Tammy's blog. So nice to meet Carmen's mom, she is a sweetie!! Welcome to blogland, we all have so much fun here sharing our love or primitives. You have some awesome creations on ebay. Look forward to getting to know you.
    Blessings,
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Tonya,
    Welcome to blogland! Found you through Tammy. I visited your ebay and you have a wonderful sellection of primitive items. I love the white goose hanging/shelfsitter.
    Can't wait to read more of your blog posts, your mom sounds a lot like mine was.
    Happy Holiday's,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Tonya! Welcome to the world of blogging. It is so much fun and quite addicting. And you meet the best people around. I found you from Tammy's blog and thought I better stop to say "Hi" and "Welcome". You can visit me anytime over at my lil ol' blog.

    ~*Hugs*~
    Gen @http://oldepearprimitives.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'm so Blessed that you stopped by & shared your thoughts with me today! Reading your comments always makes me Smile!